SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIs free english class.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (1970s and 1980s)
- F (the owner of a trucking company)
- F (need special equipemnt to lift containers)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
1. slow – d. inefficient
2. manufacture – a. make
3. volume – e. quantity
4. transform – c. change
5. products – b. cargo
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- HCMENISA – machines
- PERAHCE – cheaper
- GRICNUKT – trucking
- RNTIUDYS – industry
- IOFASTECR – factories
- ECFTIFNEI – efficient
Write the sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- Moving small boxes by hand was no longer necessary.
- That change was possible because of one man and a metal box.
- The history of the shipping container goes back to 1956.
- In those days, shipping was slow.
- Before containers, the average port worker could load 1.7 tonnes per hour.