SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIs free english class.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (he changed the way people thought about elevator safety)
- F (he invented the elevator brake)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
|1. post – c. pole|
2. broke – e. snapped
3. safe – a. secure
4. believe – b. trust
5. problems – d. issues
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- AIDE – idea
- MNREOD – modern
- UOHTGHT – thought
- MEAST – steam
- ASLAMIETR – materials
- LSUDGNIIB – buildings
Write the sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- People enjoyed watching lions and tigers and bears fight men.
- Steam power moved elevators in small buildings.
- The modern city is possible because of Otis.
- Without a safe elevator, high buildings would not be possible.
- Slaves turned big posts to move the elevators.
ESL 50-minute lesson activity page
Open the ESL activity page to see the listening and reading questions.