SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIs free english class.
Geography Quiz Answers
- There are volcanoes under the ocean. (true)
- The Amazon is the second longest river in the world. (true)
- Niagara Falls is the tallest waterfall in the world. (false)
- About half of all the natural lakes in the world are in Canada. (true)
- Ice covers 75% of the world’s surface. (false, water)
- There are six oceans. (false, 5)
- If you fly from England to Canada, your plane crosses over the Atlantic Ocean. (true)
- The flag of Italy has three colors: red, white and blue. (false, red, white and green)
- The capital city of Australia is Sydney. (false, Canberra)
- India has the world’s second largest population. (true)
- The biggest pyramids are in Egypt. (false, Mexico)
- In New Zealand, people drive cars on the right side of the road. (false)
- The first subway system was opened in Paris. (false, London)
- Hong Kong is an independent country. (false, part of China)
- Earth is about 2 billion years old. (false, 4.5 billion years)
- Greenland is green. (false, 80% is covered with ice)
- Iceland is covered with ice. (false)
- Columbia grows more coffee than Brazil. (false)
- India grows more bananas than any other country. (true)
- Lightning hits earth more than 8 million times per day. (true)
- There are no black flowers on earth. (true, some are dark red though)
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (it’s in Canada and the US)
- F (it’s the capital of Australia)
- F (except China)
- F (Ottawa is the capital city of Canada)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
|1. direct route – e. non-stop|
2. primarily – c. predominately
3. active – a. working
4. independent – b. self-governing
5. annual basis – d. per annum
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- PTRREOEX – exporter
- ADPSYMIR – pyramids
- TNATICLA – Atlantic
- FEUCRAS – surface
- EICATV – active
- RIKETSS – strikes
Write the sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- The first city subway system was opened in Paris.
- Approximately 75% of the earth’s surface is covered with ice.
- India grows and exports more bananas on an annual basis than any other country.
- Hong Kong is an independent nation.
- There are active volcanoes under the sea.