SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIS ESL LISTENING STORY.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (the woman asked for help)
- F (monks were taught not to touch women)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
1. path – d. trail
2. journey – e. trek
3. passed – a. went by
4. wise – c. perceptive
5. slowly – b. gradually
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- ESOMIRME – memories
- NURTREC – current
- DLWOU – would
- SPADES – passed
- OWEDALL – allowed
- DRUOGN – ground
Write the five sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- That’s one possible message in this simple story.
- One man was old and wise.
- She wanted to go to the other side of the river but was afraid.
- The young monk was shocked by what he had seen.
- On the other side of the river, the young monk wanted to ask a question.