SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIs free english class.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (before WW2)
- F (50 to 70% of the theatre’s profit)
- F (before popcorn, theatres had no snack counter)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
|1. notice – d. detect|
2. depression – a. collapse
3. parked – e. placed
4. hard to find – b. scant
5. revenue – c. earnings
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- NOOPNCMTE – component
- OTRFPI – profit
- UEENVER – revenue
- AATOSSECI – associate
- OUVOISB – obvious
- AVECEIH – achieve
Write the sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- Sweet snacks were hard to find because of a sugar shortage.
- Finding work was hard and most people didn’t have much money for entertainment.
- So, theatre owners need other ways to generate income, like selling really expensive popcorn.
- A bag of fresh popcorn was a cheap snack and people loved to eat it while watching a movie.
- After watching popcorn sellers achieve remarkable success with little investment, movie theatre owners copied the idea.