SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIS ESL LISTENING STORY.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (third largest city)
- F (80 people per week are shot)
- F (comapred to education and police)
- F (growth doesn’t seem to help lower classes anymore)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
1. spectacular – b. breathtaking
2. turbulence – a. violence
3. root cause – e. main reason
4. ghetto – c. slum
5. massive – d. colossal
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- CIOASL – social
- YOREVPT – poverty
- GOSKIHCN – shocking
- CSEAU – cause
- RLUETSGG – struggle
- USINNCETFFII – insufficient
Write the five sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- The southern and western parts are poor and run down.
- It’s also famous for violence.
- The city is billions of dollars in debt.
- There are many ideas about root causes.
- Chicago has a history of social turbulence, but the problems seem to be getting worse.