SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE ACTIVITY ANSWERS THIS ESL LISTENING STORY.
True or false
Read the sentences. Choose the correct answer.
- F (he sold stone in the market)
- F (the cloud blocked the sun)
MATCH THE WORD OR PHRASE ON THE LEFT WITH THE CORRECT SYNONYM.
1. change – c. transformed
2. block – d. obstruct
3. content – a. happy
4. heavy rain – e. downpour
5. realized – b. understood
ESL listening activity: anagrams
MOVE THE LETTERS. MAKE A WORD FROM THE ESL LISTENING STORY.
- EARLVES – several
- NEONTTC – content
- SOENI – noise
- AMTRKE – market
- WPEORFUL – powerful
- EEYRNG – energy
Write the five sentences. Put the words in the correct order.
- Life was difficult and the old man wasn’t happy.
- He looked up at the sun.
- The mountain spirit heard the old man and changed him into the sun.
- It blocked the sun’s light and made the land dark.
- He soon realized the stone cutter was more powerful than a rock.