English Listening Practice
Audio file: 2:14 min
Story length: 209 words
Here is the listening file for this lesson.
Do you know a lot about food? Here’s a test. Read the questions. Then listen. Then say the answers.
- What color is peanut butter?
- Which country grows more grapes, France or China?
- Do some restaurants really use special colors to make people feel hungry?
- Yes or no? McDonald’s sells 75 hamburgers every minute.
- Was pizza first made in Italy?
- People enjoy H2O. What do H and O stand for?
- Was spaghetti first created in Italy or China?
- What color is mustard?
- Bees work hard to produce which food?
- Yes or no? People in Europe never saw a potato until the 1550s.
- Name the spicy Korean food made from cabbage.
- What’s in a coconut?
- Which country grows more kiwi, New Zealand or Italy?
- Yes or no? Carrots used to be purple a long time ago.
- What Canadian food comes from the inside part of trees?
- The USA or Mexico? Which country buys more Coke when talking about the number of cans per person per year?
- Yes or no? The banana is a berry.
- What are French fries made from?
- True or not true. Eating lots of onions can make you sleepy.
Here’s a gap fill exercise. Download the food quiz printable worksheet (pdf file). Listen to the story and fill in the blanks.
Learn English Online with More Listening Practice
Ready for another lesson? Try this free online listening comprehension lesson about about the history of the Rubik Cube.
This text and audio file are copyrighted. They may be used for non-commercial educational purposes. They may not be used or adapted for any commercial purpose.